Product Launches, Conferences, Seminars and Community Events
Event management is the application of project management to the creation and development of large scale events such as product launches, annual gatherings, employee events, festivals, conferences, ceremonies, formal parties, concerts, or conventions.
1. Studying the brand
2. Identifying the target audience, their preferences and motivations
3. Devising the event concept
4. Planning the logistics
5. Coordinating the technical aspects before actually launching the event.
The process of planning and co-coordinating the event is usually referred to as event planning and can include budgeting, scheduling, site selection, acquiring necessary permits, coordinating transportation and parking, arranging for speakers or entertainers, arranging decor, event security, catering and emergency plans.
The events industry now includes events of all sizes from the Olympics down to business breakfast meetings. Many industries, charitable organizations, and interest groups hold events for:-
1. Product/Brand Marketing.
2. Building business relationships.
3. Raising funds.
4. Celebration of achievement.
5. Launching/Introducing new products/services